Date Posted: June 22nd, 2023
Due Date: June 30th, 2023, 4:00 PM
Application Details: Please send resume and cover letter to Gord Elliott, Director of Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the due date.
Position: W̱SÁNEĆ Youth Reef Net Supervisor
Location: W̱SÁNEĆ Leadership Council Office and W̱SÁNEĆ communities
Job Summary: The W̱SÁNEĆ Leadership Council is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as the W̱SÁNEĆ Youth Reef Net Supervisor.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing supervision and coordination for the W̱SÁNEĆ Youth Reef Net Project. You will work closely with knowledge holders, youth workers, and community members to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
- Participate in learning sessions led by knowledge holders.
- Conduct canoe and paddling training sessions.
- Provide water safety training to project participants.
- Facilitate hands-on construction of a SX̱OLE.
- Ensure compliance with COVID-19 protocols during project activities.
- Organize and oversee a 3-5 day camp during SX̱OLE Set.
- Plan and coordinate day boat trips in the Territory.
- Supervise and manage timesheets for project participants.
- Coordinate a trip to Pender Island, including arranging accommodations, meals, and transportation of canoes, and planning events with youth.
- Collaborate with youth workers in the hiring process.
- Identify and collaborate with a videographer to record events and project activities.
- Engage youth participants for social media updates related to the project.
- Strong commitment to and understanding of the W̱SÁNEĆ First Nation community and its values
- Experience working with youth in a leadership or supervisory role.
- Knowledge of traditional knowledge and practices related to canoeing and fishing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team and foster a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Proficiency in adhering to health and safety guidelines and protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to various locations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities effectively.
Terms of Employment:
- This position is a fixed-term contract.
- The work schedule is five (5) days a week, Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Compensation will be paid at a rate of $24 per hour, subject to standard payroll deductions.
- The employee is entitled to 2 days of paid vacation during the contract term.
- Unpaid flex days may be granted at the discretion of the Council.
- The employee must provide 2 weeks’ written notice if intending to resign.
The W̱SÁNEĆ Leadership Council looks forward to welcoming a qualified and dedicated member to the team.